Third Party Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Third Party Insurance
- Find cheap third party insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £334*
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Third Party Insurance
Looking for cheap third-party car insurance quotes? At Tiger.co.uk we can quickly compare third-party insurance offers from providers across the UK and help you find great deals on your car insurance.
What type of insurance is third party insurance?
Car insurance in the UK is a legal requirement (unless you have a Statutory Off-Road Notice (SORN). At the very least you need to have third-party insurance that provides a basic level of cover.
With third-party only car insurance, if you have an accident, you and your car won’t be covered, but other people and their property will be.
What is the difference between comprehensive and third party insurance?
Comprehensive cover will offer you additional protection to a standard third party insurance cover. You will not only be covered for damage you cause to another drivers vehicle but will also be covered for damages to your own vehicle in the event of an accident in which you are liable.
What are 3 types of insurance coverage?
- Third party only car insurance provides the minimum level of protection in the event of an accident. It covers damage and losses to third parties involved.
- Third-party, fire and theft car insurance offer the same cover as third-party only insurance, but with added protection, if your car is damaged by fire or stolen.
- Fully comprehensive car insurance provides the highest level of protection. It typically covers damage or losses caused by vandalism, theft or fire. It also covers you and your car as well as damage and losses to third parties if you’re at fault in an accident.
Does third party insurance cover you on any car?
In short, probably not. Usually, only fully comprehensive car insurance policies include a “driving other cars” (DOC) clause that allows you to drive another car with the owner’s permission (note this isn’t automatically included in all fully-comp policies so always check the fine print). If you have third party only insurance it’s unlikely you’ll be able to include DOC as an add-on to your policy.
How to find cheap third party insurance quotes
Many people still turn to local brokers to help them find good deals, but car insurance brokers usually come with a fee. For a free, no-fuss comparison, use an independent comparison service, like Tiger.co.uk. With one simple online form, we can collect quotes from multiple providers and help you find great, competitive deals on the market.
Other steps you can take to reduce your insurance premiums include:
- Getting a black box so that your insurer can track your driving style and you can assure them you’re a low-risk driver
- Driving a cheaper model car
- Paying higher excess
- Improving security by parking in a garage overnight or adding safety features like alarms or immobilisers.
Compare third party insurance with Tiger.co.uk
You’re more likely to find better deals when you compare third party insurance quotes from multiple insurers. With Tiger.co.uk we’ll do the work for you. Once you’ve filled in a quick form, we’ll search more than a hundred insurance companies across the UK and provide cheap third party car insurance quotes. We make it easy for you to compare and decide on a provider that’s right for you.
Many young drivers opt for third party insurance, especially when they a quoted for high premiums. The best way to make sure you are getting the best cover for your money is to hunt through multiple insurance lenders to find the best deal for you.
*51% of consumers could save £333.50 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from September 2022 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.