Market Trader Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Market Trader Insurance
- Find cheap market trader insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Market Trader Insurance
What is market trader insurance?
Market trader insurance is set up to cover you from claims made against you as a result of injury or damage to property caused by your business. If you work as a market trader, you’ll need special insurance to cover your business activities. With Tiger.co.uk you can quickly and easily compare market trader insurance quotes to help you find great deals at competitive rates.
Do market traders need insurance?
As a market trader, you’ll face certain risks that are important to consider and protect yourself against. You could face legal action if a claim is made against you for property damage or personal injury as a result of your business activities. You’ll also likely have goods, equipment, and property that you’ll want to protect.
What is covered in a market trader insurance policy?
There are various types of cover that can be included in a market trader insurance policy.
- Employers’ liability insurance: This is a legal requirement if you employ anyone, even casually, and protects you for the costs of any staff claims made against you. The minimum level of cover is £5 million.
- Public liability insurance: This isn’t a legal requirement but is generally considered essential for any trader who might come into contact with the general public. This helps protects you from the cost of personal injury or damage claims made against you.
- Product liability: If you sell food or other products that could cause food poisoning or other afflictions, liability protection could be a good idea.
- Goods-in-transit cover: If you transport stock or goods, this insurance helps protect you from any damage or loss during this process.
- Stock and equipment cover: Your belongings can be protected against damage or theft.
- Commercial property insurance: If you have a stall or premises where you store stock, it can help protect you against theft, fire, or water damage.
Do market stall holders need insurance?
It is highly recommended to have some form of liability insurance in place to protect yourself against claims made for injury or damage of property.
How do I find cheap market trader insurance?
One of the best ways to find cheap market trader insurance is to shop around and compare market trader insurance quotes from multiple providers. At Tiger.co.uk we can quickly search our trusted network and help you find great offers.
As well as shopping around, other factors that can keep your insurance premium down include:
- Opting to pay for your policy annually rather than in monthly installments
- Only including the cover you need.
Compare market trader insurance with Tiger.co.uk today
Tiger.co.uk can help you find and compare market trader insurance quotes. Our free and easy comparison service takes the hassle out of searching for insurance. Fill in one quick online form and we’ll check our network of trusted UK providers and set out offers in a simple format making it easier for you to compare market trader insurance quotes and decide on the policy that meets your needs.
Need other types of business insurance? Whether you own your own salon, property business, or food delivery company, Tiger.co.uk can help you find great deals.