Life Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Life Insurance
- Find cheap life insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Life Insurance Comparison
Compare Life Insurance
Looking to do a cheap life insurance comparison? At Tiger.co.uk we can do a life insurance comparison across many trusted UK providers to help you find great value deals.
What is life insurance?
Life insurance is designed to make sure our family and loved ones are financially protected if we die. The protection you need depends on your own circumstances and what cover might be relevant, including your lifestyle, health, age, whether you have a mortgage to pay off, and any children or grandchildren that you might want to take care of.
How does life insurance work?
Life insurance is paid out as a lump sum or as regular payments to your beneficiaries in the event of your death.
How much is life insurance?
The average cost for life insurance in the UK is around £40 depending on individual circumstances.
What does life insurance cover?
Life insurance is meant to help your family and beneficiaries financially when you pass away. In the event of your death your beneficiaries will be paid out as a lump sum or in regular payments.
How much life insurance do I need?
The amount of life insurance you’ll need to cover is dependent on your own personal circumstances such as the needs of your beneficiaries and their lifestyle, the more you intend to cover for the more your premiums will be.
What different types of life insurance are there?
The different types of life insurance are:
- Term life insurance lasts for a limited time, meaning it’s cheaper but only pays out if you pass within that time period
- Whole-of-life insurance is more expensive but provides a guaranteed payout in the event of your death.
Different levels of cover include:
- Level-term insurance offers an unchanging level of cover for the length of your policy
- A decreasing term means your payout decreases over time
- An increasing term means your payout increases with inflation
- Family income benefit pays out a monthly income to beneficiaries rather than a lump sum.
What is cash value of life insurance?
The cash value of a life insurance policy is the savings component typically included in a permanent life insurance policy. Depending on the policy you take out the cash value can grow at a fixed or variable rate. Money collected into the cash value will become the property of the insurer, so if you are insured for a £30,000 life insurance policy and the cash value is £5000 the actual liability cost to the insurer for a £30,000 pay out is £25,000.
Do you have to pay back cash value life insurance?
Any cash value in the policy you take out will be forfeited to the insurer upon your death.
How do I get started with a cheap life insurance comparison?
If you’re looking to compare cheap life insurance comparison quotes, it can take a lot of time and effort to go to individual insurers and collect life insurance comparison quotes. That’s where an unbiased comparison service, like Tiger.co.uk, comes in, because we do all that hard work for you.
As well as shopping around, there are some other steps you can take to keep the cost of your policy down:
- Consider a term life policy rather than a whole life policy if you only want cover for a set number of years. As long you die within that time period your policy will pay out to your loved ones
- If you have a partner, look into a joint policy which can prove cheaper
- Buy a policy as early as you can to secure cheaper rates
- Stop certain lifestyle activities, like smoking, to reduce your risk factors.
Get a free life insurance comparison with Tiger.co.uk
Tiger.co.uk offers a free, no-fuss life insurance comparison service. Simply fill in a short online form and we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll search our trusted UK providers and compare insurance comparison quotes for you. Then you can easily see available deals on the market, do a quick cheap life insurance comparison and choose a provider that’s right for you. Have you thought about other types of life insurance that can help protect you against the costs of ill health and loss of income? Tiger.co.uk can help you compare deals on many types of cover, including mortgage protection insurance and income protection insurance