HGV Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap HGV Insurance
- Find cheap HGV insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare HGV Insurance
Looking for fantastic deals on HGV insurance? Whether you are looking for insurance for a single vehicle, or you are a fleet owner looking for coverage for many vehicles, with Tiger.co.uk you can quickly compare HGV insurance quotes and find some great deals.
Finding competitive HGV insurance quotes
These large vehicles which are often used for commercial purposes can be expensive to insure. That’s why it’s all the more important to find and compare HGV insurance quotes.
What does truck insurance cover?
The main insurance policies for trucks are the same as for cars. They are:
- Third-party-only truck insurance
- Third-party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive truck insurance
It’s always worth noting that third party liability is the most basic level of insurance, and is the minimum type of policy required by law. Third party insurance does not cover you for any damage to the truck itself, it only provides cover for other vehicles. If your truck is written off, you would have to cover the cost of repairing or replacing the truck yourself.
How much does truck insurance cost?
- Your home address
- Where the vehicle is kept
- Your age, marital status and occupation
- Mileage of the truck
- Any vehicle modifications
- Your driving history
Insurers will use this information, along with lots of data and statistics to determine the cost of the policy that is offered to you.
How much does HGV insurance cost?
The typical amount paid on hauliers is between £1500 & £3000 pounds however as mentioned above this is determined by many factors such as the ones mentioned above.
How do I find cheap HGV insurance?
Truck insurance can certainly be expensive, so consider these points when you’re getting HGV insurance quotes:
- Shopping around for quotes is the best way to find cheap HGV insurance. At Tiger.co.uk our unbiased comparison site is designed to make shopping around easy. You can compare HGV insurance quotes quickly and easily with our dedicated system, saving you time and money.
- Avoid “any driver” HGV truck insurance policies. These tend to be the most expensive option because the insurer won’t have any information about the driver.
- Ensure truck drivers are experienced and have clean driving records. It’s best to ensure that any drivers named on your HGV truck insurance policy are experienced and have clean driving records. Younger, less experienced drivers put up costs significantly.
Can you insure a lorry for a day?
Yes, temporary insurance for HGVs is available and can usually range from 1 to 28 days in duration depending on your needs.
Find great deals with Tiger.co.uk
You’ll find some fantastic deals and competitive HGV insurance quotes with Tiger.co.uk. All you have to do is fill out a quick online form and we’ll search some of the top UK providers to find you great deals on your HGV insurance today.