Spanish Holiday Home Insurance Comparison

Compare Cheap Spanish Holiday Home Insurance

  • Find cheap Spanish holiday home insurance in a matter of minutes
  • Compare multiple policies with one short form
  • Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers

Spanish Holiday Home

Why do I need Spanish holiday home insurance?

Having a Spanish holiday home is a joy for many who love the sun and a getaway, however not so many people enjoy finding the relevant insurance. Although home insurance for your Spanish property is not a legal requirement under Spanish law, it is highly recommended that you take out some level of coverage even if you will be in the property for most of the year. The reasons for this a fairly simple, if your Spanish property is subjected to damage, theft or vandalism, repairs can be expensive. It can be particularly stressful if you are not based in Spain for the majority of the year also, so having the right cover can be invaluable for getting peace of mind after an incident.

Do I need special insurance for my Spanish holiday home?

Many Spanish holiday homes unfortunately cannot be insured by a standard home insurance policy. This is due to many Spanish holiday homes being vacant for more than 30 days per year or used as holiday home rental. Getting the right holiday home insurance depends on what you wish to use you Spanish holiday home for. This can include holiday home let insurance if you are planning on letting out the property in your absence.

Will I be able to insure my Spanish holiday home if I am gone most of the year?

Many insurers get nervous at the idea of a property which is left empty for much of the year. This is because statistically incidents such as theft, vandalism and leaks tend to effect vacant houses more than those that are occupied. However some specialists will insure your Spanish holiday property regardless of how long you are away whilst others may set a limit of 90 days absence.

Do I public liability coverage for my Spanish holiday home?

It is not a legal requirement to have public liability insurance in Spain for housing but it is recommended you have it to cover members of the public who are injured at your holiday home.

Here at, we have complied a panel of specialist UK based lenders. This means it’s never been easier to compare your options and get cheaper Spanish holiday home insurance today!