Handyman Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Handyman Insurance
- Find cheap handyman insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Why do I need handyman insurance?
Working with the public always carries risk, for even the most careful of operators. Dealing with a claim from a member of the public when you don’t have insurance puts your business at risk. Claims can easily run into thousands or millions. Get peace of mind should the worst happen by making sure your business is covered against property damage or any personal injury claims. Handyman insurance is bespoke to this trade. So if you’re a carpenter or a painter, be sure to check policies specifically designed for those trades.
What insurance does a handyman need?
A form of public liability insurance to protect yourself from claims made against you and your business in the event of damage.
What does handyman insurance cover?
There are different types of insurance cover available. Let’s break them down.
- Public liability insurance covers you if your work accidentally causes damage to someone’s property. It also covers you if your work injures someone, or causes illness. An example of this might be if shelves you fitted fell on your client and injured them.
- Professional liability insurance is there to protect you if your clients claim that your work was substandard and has caused them some sort of loss or damage. Despite your best efforts, you might deal with disgruntled clients. If they try to claim against you, this type of insurance protects your business.
- Employers’ liability insurance covers legal fees and costs if an employee makes a claim against you for an accident at work. If you have employees, this is a legal requirement (with a couple of small exceptions).
- Tool cover is a popular add-on policy to handyman insurance. After all, if your tools are lost or stolen, you will struggle to run your business. This type of insurance will often provide you with fast payments to replace lost or stolen equipment should the worst happen.
Do handymen need public liability insurance?
Although it’s not mandatory, it’s recommended for anyone who works with the public. This cover is there to protect your bottom line in case anything goes wrong. If someone slips and falls on your tools or your work causes them injury, costs can get expensive quickly.
How do I find cheap handyman insurance?
One of the best ways to find cheap handyman insurance is to use an unbiased comparison site like Tiger.co.uk. Simply enter your details to compare handyman insurance quotes quickly and easily from a range of insurers. It’s designed to make it easy for you to compare handyman insurance policies at a glance.
Find great deals with Tiger.co.uk
Find competitive handyman insurance quotes with Tiger.co.uk. You can compare handyman insurance quotes today with our easy-to-use online system. Simply enter your details and let us match you with a range of handyman insurance quotes from some of the top UK providers.