Student Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Student Car Insurance
- Find cheap student car insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £334*
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Student Car Insurance
Looking for cheap student driver insurance? Take a look at the answers to some commonly asked questions and find out how Tiger.co.uk’s quick and easy comparison tool could help you save on car insurance.
Do students have cheaper car insurance?
Although as a student you’ll normally get access to various deals and discounts, cheaper car insurance doesn’t tend to be a student perk. Car insurers typically view younger drivers as higher risk compared to older drivers, so if you’re a student under 25 you’re likely to pay a bit more on car insurance.
How much is car insurance for students in the UK?
The cost of your car insurance premium will differ depending on various factors. As well as your age, premiums can be affected by these factors.
- Driving history. If you have a history of driving violations you’ll pay a higher premium.
- Credit history. Although not an obvious factor, drivers with bad credit are more likely to make a claim, so having a better credit score can keep your insurance down.
- Years of driving experience. The more experience you have the less you’ll pay.
- Postcode. Insurers will check crime and accident rates associated with your postcode which can affect your policy.
- Value of the car. If you have a cheaper car model, you won’t pay as much for insurance.
- Security. Additions such as alarms and immobilisers can positively impact your insurance premium.
How can I reduce my car insurance as a student?
To find cheap student driver insurance a good first step is to compare student car insurance quotes from multiple providers. With Tiger.co.uk, it’s easy to compare deals. Simply fill in a quick online form and we’ll find great offers for you.
Other steps you can take to keep the cost of your insurance premium down are:
- Opt for a cheaper model of car
- Avoid non-standard car modifications as these can make your car more valuable and more vulnerable to theft
- Choose to pay a higher excess
- Get a black box to let an insurer track your usage and driving style and assure them that you drive safely
How much is the student discount for car insurance?
Unfortunately you are unlikely to receive a discount just for being a student. However there are steps you can take to reduce your premium costs by first comparing multiple insurance lenders.
Compare student car insurance quotes today at Tiger.co.uk
You’re more likely to find cheap student car insurance deals when you compare student car insurance quotes from multiple providers. At Tiger.co.uk, we bring you a range of insurance quotes to choose from. Just fill in a quick and easy online form and we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll search insurance companies across the UK and provide quotes in minutes to help you easily compare products and decide on a deal that’s right for you.
Don’t have a full licence? Still learning to drive? Then learner drivers’ insurance might be a better fit. Whatever your insurance needs, Tiger.co.uk can help you find great deals at competitive rates.
*51% of consumers could save £333.50 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from September 2022 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.