Top Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Top Car Insurance Companies
- Find cheap top car insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £334*
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Don’t have your registration number? No problem, click here.
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Top Car Insurance Companies
Compare Quotes from Some of the UK’s Top Providers
Looking for a good deal on your car insurance? At Tiger.co.uk we offer a free, no-fuss comparison service that can help you quickly compare quotes from top car insurance companies.
What are the 3 types of car insurance in the UK?
- Fully comprehensive insurance offers the highest level of cover for drivers. It typically covers damage to you, your car and third parties caused by an accident that was your fault. It also covers damage caused by fire, theft or vandalism.
- Third party fire and theft insurance doesn’t cover you or your car for an at-fault accident but does cover damage to third parties. You’ll also be covered if your car is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Third party only insurance offers the minimum level of cover. If you cause an accident, third parties will be covered, but you and your car won’t. You also won’t have protection against fire damage or theft.
For both gas and modern electric cars, an increasingly common type of cover is black box insurance. It can provide similar cover to fully comp insurance but uses a black box to track your driving style and adjust your premium (up or down) accordingly.
How do I choose a good insurance company?
When looking for a provider, it’s wise to compare top car insurance companies using an independent site, like Tiger.co.uk. Price is undoubtedly a key factor, but there are other factors you should consider too when choosing a provider including:
- Credibility. Is it a trusted company with its own webpage and registration number?
- Online reviews. Most companies will face the odd poor review, but is the insurer you’re looking at generally highly rated by its customers?
- Product offering. Don’t just go for the cheapest offer. Make sure the company offers the level of cover and added protections you need.
Which company gives the cheapest car insurance?
There’s no one company that’s guaranteed to offer you the cheapest car insurance. The cost of your policy will vary depending on different factors including the type of insurance cover, the model of your car, your driving history, age, postcode and occupation.
How can you lower your car insurance?
Help lower your car insurance premiums by:
- Shopping around and collecting quotes from several providers using a comparison site, like Tiger.co.uk
- Increasing your voluntary excess
- Paying annually rather than monthly
- Improving your car’s security with a car alarm or an immobiliser
- Fitting a black box to prove you’re a low-risk driver
- Choosing a cheaper model of car
Compare quotes from top car insurance companies today
At Tiger.co.uk, we recommend gathering multiple quotes from top car insurance companies before deciding on a deal. Our free, quick and easy comparison tool collects available offers from top UK car insurance companies. We set out deals in an easy-to-understand format to make it simpler for you to compare and decide on the right deal for you.
*51% of consumers could save £333.50 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from September 2022 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.