Kit Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Kit Car Insurance
- Compare 110+ providers & save up to £334*
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Kit Car Insurance
Wondering where to find cheap kit car insurance? At Tiger.co.uk we can compare kit car insurance deals from trusted UK providers in minutes to help you find great deals fast.
Is it expensive to insure a kit car?
Kit car insurance is typically more expensive than your standard car insurance policy. Kit cars are highly bespoke cars that aren’t built by recognised car manufacturers, so they’re naturally associated with higher risk and higher insurance premiums.
How much your kit car insurance costs will depend on various factors including the value of the car, how you intend to use it, your age, postcode, and driving history.
How much is kit car insurance?
Unfortunately with kit car insurance there is no one answer as car kits vary in value. The best way to find the cheapest option for you is to compare multiple lenders fast with Tiger.
What does kit car insurance cover?
Like most car insurance policies, the choices include fully comp, third-party fire, or theft, and third-party only cover. It’s worth noting that, unlike standard policies, kit car insurance policies usually only pay out an agreed sum if your kit car is stolen or written off, rather than the market value.
In addition kit car insurance can cover:
- Build-up insurance to cover your car for fire, theft, or damage while you’re building it
- Goods-in-transit cover to protect you in case any kit car parts are lost or damaged on their way to you
- Salvage retention cover that lets you keep the kit car and its parts even if it’s written off.
Remember you’ll also need to disclose to an insurer if your kit car is modified from the standard model to make sure you’re properly covered.
How can I find cheap kit car insurance?
A great way to find cheap kit car insurance is to shop around and collect kit car insurance quotes from different providers. Using a comparison site like Tiger.co.uk is a free and easy way to do this.
Besides shopping around, there are other steps you can take to keep your insurance premium down:
- Consider building a lower-spec model that’s cheaper to insure
- Reduce the mileage on your policy if you’re not likely to be driving your kit car every day
- Think about “parts only” insurance if you’re likely to repair the car yourself and only need the cost of replacement parts covered
- Join a kit car club that might help you qualify for kit car insurance discounts.
Compare kit car insurance quotes with Tiger.co.uk today
Use Tiger.co.uk to help you find cheap kit car insurance today. With one simple form and a few clicks, we search multiple UK providers. We’ll show you offers in a straightforward format, making it easy for you to compare kit car insurance quotes and choose a deal that’s right for you.
Need other types of car insurance? Whether it’s a kit car or a standard petrol or electric car model you drive, Tiger.co.uk can help you find fantastic deals on insurance.