Private Hire Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Private Hire Insurance
- Find cheap private hire insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Private Hire Insurance
Compare Private Hire Insurance
Driving a taxi for private hire can be a great way to earn a crust, or to supplement your earnings from your full-time job. Being self-employed comes with a lot of benefits, but you also need to invest in your work too. Buying a car to use for your work is something that requires time and money, so it makes sense to look after it and yourself by getting good coverage with private hire insurance.
Can you not just use general driving insurance?
General driving insurance is designed to accommodate the use of your vehicle for personal reasons only, it does not cover you if you are driving for business purposes. Getting specific taxi insurance is required for legal reasons. If you don’t have it, you could find yourself liable to pay costs and compensation in the event of an accident, and you could get into trouble with the law too.
How much is private hire insurance?
This depends on many factors such as the age of your vehicle and your driving history. The level of coverage which you take out will also dictate how much you pay. The best way to find cheaper deals on your private hire insurance is to compare multiple options with Tiger.co.uk
What types of private hire insurance can you get?
Much like when you are insuring your own car for personal use, there are three categories to choose from. These include the following:
- Third party: This is the most basic level of cover, and the minimum required by law. It pays out if you are in an accident that causes damage or injury to another party, but does not cover any other costs.
- Third party, fire and theft: This offers the same level of protection as described above, and also covers you if the car is damaged by fire or is stolen.
- Comprehensive: This covers damage and injury to yourself and your car as well as others, and provides the most protection for you and your business.
- Public liability: This is not essential, but it may be worth considering adding public liability to your policy. Working with the public can make you vulnerable to claims of compensation, and this adds an extra layer of protection that can give you more peace of mind.
How can you get cheap private hire insurance?
You want to protect your livelihood and your profits, so getting cheap private hire insurance is a clear goal. There are some things that you can do to lower the cost of your insurance. You can buy a cheaper more reliable vehicle rather than a high-end expensive one. Paying for your insurance each year in one go rather than monthly can cut costs. You could also take on a higher excess to help bring your premium down.
What’s the best way to get a good deal on your insurance?
You don’t want to spend hours researching different providers, so let us take over that side of things for you. Here at Tiger.co.uk, we make it easy to compare private hire insurance. We do all the searching for you, and then give you the cheapest private hire insurance quotes. All you have to do is make your selection, and you’ve got yourself covered.