Weekend Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Weekend Car Insurance
- Find cheap weekend car insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Weekend Car Insurance
Compare Weekend Car Insurance
You might need weekend car insurance for a break away with friends or family, or you might need to commute for a couple of days. Whatever the purpose for getting this type of cover, it is a good idea to make sure you are protected financially in case anything goes wrong.
Do you need weekend car insurance?
You don’t have to get specific weekend car insurance. However, if you’re driving a car for any length of time, even if it’s just a couple of days, you are required by law to have basic cover. If you get a general policy, then you will be charged for a full year of driving. You can make substantial savings by opting for a specialist weekend car insurance policy.
What are the levels of cover?
There are three main levels of cover, and you can also get added extras if you need them for your circumstances. You can choose from the following:
- Third-party only: This is the minimum needed from a legal point of view. It means that if you are in an accident, then the other driver can be compensated for damage to their car or if they are hurt.
- Third-party, fire, and theft: This provides protection for you from having to pay the other driver’s costs in the event of an accident. In addition, you will get a payout if the car is damaged in a fire or stolen. It’s worth noting that you must take proper precautions to prevent the car from being stolen in order to qualify. For example, if it’s taken with the keys in the ignition, then you probably won’t be compensated.
- Comprehensive: This offers the same cover as described above, with added protection for you and your car too. If your car is damaged in an accident and needs to be repaired or replaced, then you will get a payout. If you are hurt or injured, a comprehensive policy will help safeguard you from medical and other costs.
How do you know which type of policy is best?
If you’re not sure what kind of cover you need for your weekend car insurance, you can get in touch with us by phone or email. We’ll be happy to discuss your requirements and help you choose the cover that’s right for you.
How do you get cheap weekend car insurance?
If you want cheap weekend car insurance, then it makes sense to do your research to find the best possible deal. We can do all the work for you here at Tiger.co.uk so that you can focus on your trip. With just a few details, we can compare weekend car insurance to suit your needs, and find the most competitive weekend car insurance quotes.