Builder Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Builder Insurance
- Find cheap builder insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Search roaring great deals from UK insurance providers, including
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare builder insurance quotes today and find the insurance policy that’s right for you. At Tiger.co.uk we’re here to help you find some of the most competitive builder insurance quotes out there.
Do you need insurance to be a builder?
Working with the public always carries some level of risk. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen. If somebody gets injured on your site, or your tools get stolen, could you afford to pay legal fees or immediately replace your tools? When things go wrong, costs can quickly mount up, putting your business at risk. With proper insurance, you’re also buying peace of mind. If you have employees, then it’s a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance, which protects you if they have an accident at work.
What are the benefits of builder insurance?
Having proper insurance makes you more employable. Some clients will refuse to work with you without public liability insurance, and for some trade organisations, it’s also a requirement.
If I do other types of work, am I still covered?
What type of insurance should I have as a builder?
Builder insurance is an umbrella term for different policies. Let’s break them down.
- Public liability insurance covers you if your work accidentally causes damage to someone’s property, injures someone, or causes illness. An example of this might be if a wall you built accidentally collapses on someone.
- Professional liability insurance is there to protect you if your clients claim that your work was substandard and has caused them loss or damage. Despite your best efforts, you might have to deal with disgruntled clients. If they try to claim against you, this type of insurance will cover your legal fees.
- Employers’ liability insurance covers legal fees if an employee makes a claim against you for an accident at work. If you have employees, it’s a legal requirement. The only exceptions generally are if you employ family members or self-employed contractors.
- Tool cover is a popular add-on to policies. This insurance will often provide you with fast payments to replace lost or stolen tools should the worst happen.
How do I find cheap builder insurance?
One of the best ways to find cheap builder insurance is to use an unbiased comparison site like Tiger.co.uk. Simply enter your details to compare builder insurance quotes quickly and easily. Our system is designed to make it easy for you to compare builder insurance policies at a glance.
Find great deals with Tiger.co.uk
Find competitive builder insurance quotes with Tiger.co.uk. You can compare builder insurance policies today with our easy-to-use online system. We can match you with a range of builder insurance quotes from some of the top UK providers in minutes.