Plumber Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Plumber Insurance
- Find cheap plumber insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Compare Plumber Insurance
Get connected with some of the most competitive plumber insurance quotes out there with Tiger.co.uk. We’ve made it easy to compare plumber insurance policies so you can find the one that’s right for you.
Finding the best insurance for plumbers – why is it important?
Working with the public always carries some level of risk. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen. When things go wrong, costs can quickly mount up, putting your business at risk. With proper insurance, you’re buying peace of mind.
Can I claim for plumber insurance?
If your work causes damage to third parties having plumber insurance to claim on is your safety net. You can claim for any damage costs levelled against you as well as the legal costs you may incur defending yourself.
What insurance do you need to be a self-employed plumber?
Here’s a breakdown of the types of insurance you might need:
- Public liability insurance covers you if your work accidentally causes damage to someone’s property, injures someone, or causes illness. If the work you do creates water damage to someone’s property by mistake, you would be covered for this.
- Professional liability insurance is there to protect you if your clients claim your work was substandard and has caused them loss or damage. Despite your best efforts, you might meet dissatisfied clients. If they try to claim against you, this type of insurance will cover your legal fees.
- Employer’s liability insurance covers legal fees if an employee makes a claim against you for an accident at work. If you have employees, it’s a legal requirement. The only exceptions are if you employ family members or self-employed contractors.
- Tool cover is a popular add-on policy. This insurance will often provide you with fast payments to replace lost or stolen tools should the worst happen.
Is a plumber liable for water damage in the UK?
The costs associated with water damage can add up quickly. Here are some cases where a plumbing business might be liable:
- If you caused an accident that creates water damage, even if it is unrelated to the work you are doing.
- If the equipment you installed is found to be faulty or hasn’t been installed correctly, resulting in water damage.
If I do other types of work, am I still covered?
How do I find cheap plumber insurance?
One of the best ways to find cheap plumber insurance is to use an unbiased comparison site like Tiger.co.uk. Simply enter your details to compare plumber insurance quotes quickly and easily. Our system is designed to make it easy for you to compare plumber insurance policies at a glance.
Find great deals with Tiger.co.uk
You can find competitive plumber insurance quotes from some of the UK’s leading providers with Tiger.co.uk. We make it easy to shop around and compare plumber insurance policies with our fast online system.