Building and Contents Insurance Comparison

Compare Cheap Buildings and Contents Insurance

  • Find cheap building and contents insurance in a matter of minutes
  • Compare multiple policies with one short form
  • Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers

Why use


Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers

Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.


One simple form to complete

One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.


Save time and money

Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.


Over three million people use the price comparison services

They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.



All of the insurance panel members are FCA Authorised.


An unbiased price comparison service

We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.

Building and Contents Insurance

Compare Building and Contents Insurance

Building and contents insurance helps protect you if something happens to your home, apartment, or holiday home that either damage it or the items inside. It covers unforeseen events like fires, storms, theft, and vandalism and can pay out a lump sum so you can repair or replace what’s been damaged. 

At, we make it easy to compare policies from over 50 UK providers so you can find the best deal for your individual needs. With cheap building and contents insurance quotes in just a few clicks, we make it easy to protect your property and get the peace of mind you deserve.

Is it best to get buildings and contents insurance together?

If you require both building and content insurance then it is usually cheaper to get them together under one policy rather than separately. Managing one policy is also easier and more time efficient than dealing with two separate ones. 

What is covered by building and contents insurance?

Building and contents insurance are two separate home insurance products and most insurers offer them as a combined policy. However, they cover different elements of your home. Building insurance covers the structure of a property, including fixtures and fittings such as the roof, walls, floors, and window frames. 

It also covers permanent additions like a conservatory or shed and can cover damage caused by subsidence or flooding. Contents insurance is different in that it covers personal possessions inside the building, such as furniture, wallpaper, carpets, and electrical appliances.

Why should I compare building and contents insurance quotes from different providers?

Comparison shopping is the best way to save money on building and contents insurance. Prices will vary depending on factors including where you live, the size of the property, and what you own. Our comparison service provides quotes from leading providers, giving you access to policies at competitive rates.

Do I need both building and contents insurance?

It’s advisable to have both building and contents insurance to cover yourself against any eventuality. If you own the property, building insurance has to be taken out in case of damage or destruction caused by events such as fires, storms, floods, and more. Contents insurance is not required by law but it’s important to have this additional coverage if you want your possessions to be protected.

Can you have separate building and contents insurance?

Yes, you can take out separate building and contents insurance policies if you’d prefer. However, most providers offer a combined policy which may work out cheaper, so it’s worth comparing both options to find a competitive deal.

How much does building and contents insurance cost?

The cost of insurance policies can vary depending on the type of cover you choose, the value of your possessions, and the size of your property. Generally, the larger or more expensive the property is and the more possessions you have, the higher the premium will be. That’s why it’s important to compare quotes to find a deal that suits your needs.

How much is building and contents insurance per month UK?

This really depends on the policy you take out and what contents and buildings are being insured, the best thing to do is to hunt around for the right deal with Tiger.

The Average monthly Payment in the UK for building and contents insurance is near £30