Home Insurance Discounts Comparison
Compare Cheap Home Insurance Discounts
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Compare up to 50 providers
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Why use Tiger.co.uk?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Home Insurance Discounts
If you’re on the hunt for Home Insurance discounts then we have good news, finding cheap home insurance discounts has never been easier thanks to Tiger.co.uk, compare over 50 trusted insurance providers in moments and start saving today.
Compare Home Insurance Discounts
One of the best ways to save money on home insurance is to compare home insurance discount quotes. Different insurers offer a wide range of discounts, depending on your individual situation. At Tiger.co.uk, we make it easy to compare home insurance discounts from multiple providers, helping you save money on both your buildings and contents cover.
Can you negotiate home insurance prices?
You can’t negotiate the price of an insurance policy, as it is determined by the insurer. However, you can look for additional discounts or ask your insurer to review their policies and see if they are offering any new discounts that you might qualify for. This could help reduce your overall costs.
What types of home insurance discounts are available?
Here are some of the most common discounts.
- No Claims Discount: If you have not made any home insurance claims in the past few years, you may be eligible for a discount on your premiums.
- Multi-policy discounts: Many insurers offer discounts if you take out more than one type of policy with them, such as home and car insurance.
- Age-based discounts: Some insurers offer discounted rates for homeowners over the age of 50 or 60.
- Loyalty discounts: Many insurers will reward customers who have been with them for more than five years by offering discounts on their policies.
Many Insurance providers will offer you a home insurance discount if your property is fitted with security systems.
How do I know if I qualify for home insurance discounts?
The best way to find out if you qualify for cheap home insurance discounts for your house or apartment is to compare policies and discounts from different providers. At Tiger.co.uk, our comparison service makes it easy to find the best deals on home insurance and see which discounts are available.
How long do discounts take to apply?
Once you have found the policy that is right for you and applied for it, your insurer will usually start applying discounts immediately.
How else can I lower my home insurance premium?
In addition to discounts, there are other ways you can lower your home insurance premiums. These include:
- Increasing your voluntary excess – this can help reduce the cost of your premium
- Installing an approved security system such as an alarm, security lighting, and CCTV
- Maintaining a good credit rating
- Making sure your home is well-maintained and in good condition
If you work in the NHS, civil service or the military you may find that some specialist providers are willing to offer you a home insurance discount as a result of your service.
Is home insurance a legal requirement?
If you have a mortgage, your lender will require you to take out buildings insurance as part of the terms of your agreement. Otherwise, home insurance isn’t a legal requirement and it’s ultimately up to you.
Is home insurance worth it?
Yes, home insurance is valuable for protecting your house and possessions in the event of disasters such as fire or theft. Adequate cover can save you from financial ruin if an accident does happen. It also offers peace of mind.