Courier Van Insurance
Cheap Delivery Van Insurance Quotes
- Find cheap delivery van insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Looking for Cheaper Insurance?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Courier Van Insurance
Are you a courier who delivers packages or goods using a van? Then, you need courier van insurance to protect yourself, your van, and your business.
What is courier van insurance?
Courier van insurance is a type of insurance policy designed to protect courier van drivers against risks such as accidents, theft, and damage to their van and goods while in transit. This type of insurance is often used by self-employed couriers, small businesses, and delivery companies.
How much does courier van insurance cost?
The cost of courier van insurance can vary depending on several factors such as the type of van, the level of coverage, and the courier driver’s age, driving history, and experience. In general, the cost of courier van insurance is higher than regular van insurance due to the higher risks involved in courier work. To get an accurate quote, it’s best to compare different insurance providers and policies.
Which risk factors will influence the cost of my courier van insurance?
The following factors can influence the cost of your courier van insurance:
- Type of van: The make, model, age, and condition of your van can affect the cost of your insurance.
- Driving history: Your driving record, including any accidents, claims, and convictions, can influence the cost of your insurance.
- Age and experience: Younger and less experienced courier drivers may pay higher premiums.
- Cargo: The type of goods you carry can affect the cost of your insurance.
- Level of coverage: The higher the coverage, the higher the premium.
Is courier van insurance mandatory for van drivers?
If you use your van for courier work, then you are legally required to have courier van insurance. Standard van insurance policies will not cover you for courier work, so it’s important to have the right level of coverage to avoid any legal issues.
What are the three levels of coverage for courier van insurance?
There are three levels of coverage for courier van insurance:
- Third-party only: This is the minimum level of coverage required by law. It covers damage to other people’s property or injury to other people caused by your van.
- Third-party, fire and theft: This level of coverage includes third-party only coverage and also covers your van if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.
- Comprehensive: This level of coverage is the most extensive and covers all of the above plus damage to your van and goods while in transit.
Can I take out courier van insurance for less than a year?
Yes, some insurance providers offer short-term courier van insurance policies, which can be taken out for a period of a few days up to several months. Short-term insurance policies can be useful for seasonal work, temporary contracts, or one-off jobs.
Can I get part-time courier van insurance?
Yes, some insurance providers offer part-time courier van insurance policies, which can be useful for drivers who only work part-time or on a freelance basis. Part-time policies can be tailored to your specific needs, and you can choose the level of coverage and the length of the policy that works best for you.
As a courier van driver, having the right insurance coverage is crucial to protect yourself and your business from potential risks. By understanding the different types of courier van insurance and the factors that influence the cost of your insurance, you can make informed decisions when choosing an insurance policy that meets your needs and budget.