Hire and Reward Insurance
Cheap Hire and Reward Insurance
- Find cheap hire and reward insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Looking for Cheaper Insurance?
Compare quotes from multiple UK insurance providers
Increase your odds of finding the best insurance quotes by comparing policies from a wide range of providers side-by-side.
One simple form to complete
One simple online form is all it takes to compare hundreds of different policies.
Save time and money
Comparing quotes online is fast and easy, and could save you hundreds of pounds.
Over three million people use our price comparison services
They’re saving money on their insurance – you can too.
All our insurance panel members are FCA-authorised.
An unbiased price comparison service
We are an independent business and aren’t owned by any insurance company.
Compare Hire and Reward Insurance
What is hire and reward insurance?
Hire and reward insurance provides cover for drivers who work either full-time or part-time delivering parcels or food. Standard motor insurance does not cover this type of activity, so a specialist hire and reward policy is required. Depending on the level of cover purchased, hire and reward insurance for food delivery drivers or parcel delivery drivers can cover the driver, his vehicle, third parties and their property.
Is hire and reward insurance mandatory for courier companies?
It won’t come as a surprise that motor insurance is mandatory in the UK – but your standard car, van or motorbike insurance policy won’t cover you while you’re using that vehicle for courier work. If you were to reply on your standard motor insurance for these courier journeys you would actually be driving without insurance, which means hire and reward insurance is just as mandatory for couriers as standard motor insurance is for private vehicle owners.
Why is hire and reward insurance important for delivery drivers?
Hire and reward insurance is very important for delivery drivers because it provides additional cover for the risks involved with making deliveries. It is crucial for delivery drivers to take the necessary time to clearly understand their risks and needs for insurance. Not having the correct types of cover or insufficient levels of cover has the potential to be financially devastating.
What does hire and reward insurance cover?
Hire and reward insurance is a type of policy designed for businesses or individuals to cover the specific risks relating to courier services, private hire drivers and taxi drivers.
Specific cover can include:
- Business interruption cover that covers loss of income due to an accident.
- Passenger liability covers your passengers for any injuries sustained in an accident.
- Third-party liability would cover any third-party vehicles, property or people who sustain damage or injury as a result of an accident.
- Comprehensive cover provides for protection from damage of your vehicle caused by vandalism, theft or fire.
How much does hire and reward insurance cost?
Hire and reward courier vehicle insurance is for good reason usually more expensive than standard personal car insurance as it covers the additional risk factors such as driving during busy periods to multiple locations in a short timeframe.
How much is hire and reward insurance depends on amongst others the following:
- The hours you work and the location you work in.
- The level of cover you require.
- The size of the excess you are willing to pay.
- Your personal driving history and type of vehicle you want to insure.
Can I take out hire and reward insurance for food delivery?
Yes, you can take out comprehensive hire and reward insurance for food delivery to protect your business if you are operating a business that delivers food for hire and reward. It is important to shop around and look at the details of each insurer’s provisions as types and levels of cover can vary from insurer to insurer.
What factors affect the cost of hire and reward insurance?
There are any number of factors that can affect the hire and reward courier insurance cost:
- Your personal driving record and history including age and experience.
- The number of cars and the type of roads in the area you intend to operate in.
- The delivery types and time frame in which deliveries must take place have an effect on performance so will also affect insurance costs.
- Working hours or length of shifts will also have an influence on costs as longer hours could lead to higher risks due to fatigue and loss of concentration.
- Longer distances traveled will also increase the chances of accidents so annual mileage and the resulting wear and tear will also be a factor in determining costs.
- The value of your excess (the amount of money you pay when claiming) will also affect the cost of your insurance policy.
- The type of car you want to insure will impact the cost, factors like size, age, environmental impact, and condition will also influence the cost.
How do I choose the right hire and reward insurance policy?
To choose the best insurance for hire and reward, you should look for a comprehensive policy that includes:
- Goods in transit insurance for those delivering potentially costly parcels as it covers them against theft, loss or damage.
- Public liability insurance covers you if you accidentally injure or kill a third party or damage their property.
- Personal accident insurance will cover your lost income and medical costs in the event of an accidental injury while working.