Solar Panel Home Insurance Comparison
Compare Cheap Solar Panel Home Insurance
- Find cheap solar panel home insurance in a matter of minutes
- Compare multiple policies with one short form
- Top deals from many of the UK’s best insurance providers
Solar Panel Home Insurance
Compare Solar Panel Home Insurance
Getting solar panels installed at your home can be a great way to save money on energy bills, and maybe even earn at the same time. However, it is important to ensure that you protect your property and its contents by choosing specialist solar panel home insurance.
Can insurers refuse to cover homes with solar panels?
This is dependent on how you make use of your solar energy. If you simply use it to reduce your bills, then it’s unlikely you’ll have any issues getting cover. However, if you choose to sell energy back to the National Grid via one of the government schemes available, then some insurers may decline to cover you. This is because they view you as a business, rather than simply residing at your home.
Is house insurance affected by solar panels?
Solar panels can be covered under your home insurance policy but they may increase your premiums.
Can you choose ordinary home insurance for a house with solar panels?
You have the option to do this if you wish, however, the solar panels themselves are unlikely to be covered as part of a standard policy. If you have spent thousands of pounds on getting solar panels fitted to your home, it makes sense to protect your investment with specialist cover.
How can you reduce the cost of solar panel home insurance?
If you want to pay less, then there are a few steps that you can take to make this happen. These include the following.
- Get robust locks on windows and doors: If you have secured your property with locks that are of a high standard, you have effectively decreased the chances of someone being able to break in. This can be reflected in your premiums.
- Get smoke alarms: Getting smoke alarms fitted throughout your property reduces the risk of your home being damaged or destroyed by a fire, and this is recognised by insurers.
- Change the way you pay: If you can pay for your insurance in one instalment each year, you may get a discount.
- Pay a higher excess: The excess is the amount you pay in the event of a claim. If you’re willing to pay a little more, then you can usually reduce the cost of your annual or monthly premiums.
Get cheap solar panel home insurance with Tiger.co.uk
If you only make enquires with one or two insurers, you’ll find it difficult to get a deal that is good value. To get cheap solar panel home insurance, you should compare quotes at Tiger.co.uk. We have a network of insurers waiting to help people who have solar panels installed, which means that you can easily compare solar panel home insurance. With a range of solar panel home insurance quotes, you can choose the one that best suits your needs and your budget.